• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best bicycle lights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bicycle lights?

I am currently looking at the Supernova P99-D, but fear my bicycle may well be stolen just for the lights.

My round trip journey varies from 1 hr 40 min upto 3 hrs depending on which client I am at that day. As I live out in the countryside require good illumination as well as cars being able to see me when in town.

Would the cyclists in the congregation please recommend, from experience or not, what they consider the best bicycle lights.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    I am currently looking at the Supernova P99-D, but fear my bicycle may well be stolen just for the lights.

My round trip journey varies from 1 hr 40 min upto 3 hrs depending on which client I am at that day. As I live out in the countryside require good illumination as well as cars being able to see me when in town.

Would the cyclists in the congregation please recommend, from experience or not, what they consider the best bicycle lights.
    You cycle for 3 hrs ?

Bloody hell, I've only got to look at a bike and I need a cream cake !!

My projector puts out 1200L but you may need a bigger bike to carry something like that
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      As I live out in the countryside require good illumination as well as cars being able to see me when in town.
      Feck me Threaded, you'd be hard to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
        You cycle for 3 hrs ?
        Yes he cycles for three hours. Sadly that only takes him 500 yards down the road.

Comment

I found in the archives a picture of threaded in his early days.

Then he was had by a German MTV Program called pimp my Bike

Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

I used to use a dual BLT lighting system on the front of my bike, the battery was in the water bottle, and two red flashing LEDS on the rear, with one on my back pack.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
              I used to use a dual BLT lighting system on the front of my bike, the battery was in the water bottle, and two red flashing LEDS on the rear, with one on my back pack.
              Looking at that first photo I reckon Threaded has already had more than enough BLT "systems". I think that might be why he took up cycling.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
                Looking at that first photo I reckon Threaded has already had more than enough BLT "systems". I think that might be why he took up cycling.
                good ponint! - I knew some one would take the line if I threw it out!
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                X