• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mumbai hostages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mumbai hostages

Just watching BBC and they say a couple of guys were lead to the roof by terrorists and thought they'd get shot there so they used a moment and run away into smoke, the rest of the hostages got shot.

If even 15% of the hostages had concealed firearms it would have never been possible to shoot so many people by 10 attackers

Good trolling Atw - keep it up.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      Good trolling Atw - keep it up.
      Yes, keep up the 'good work' atw.

Uber troll.

Comment

I think I know what's behind this. Someone let off some crackers at a party and this was mistaken for gunfire by vigilante hotel guests. One got his gun out so that he could sort out the situation, and of course so did others. Someone opened fire and then all hell broke loose. Before you know it the joint was trashed.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          this was mistaken for gunfire by vigilante hotel guests.
          People who want to get license for concealed gun bearing should pass through courses that will teach them not only recognise the difference between firecracker and AK rifle round breaking the sound barrier, but also act correctly in these situations.

This is not easy and not for everyone, but you don't need 100% armed population - it is sufficient to create uncertainity big enough for the small number of attackers to know that statistically among 100 people there will be enough with firearms and they would not know for sure where to expect shot.

After that however they will likely to switch to blowing themselves up, but at least unarmed people won't be shot like sheep being unable to fight back because some other people don't want to trust them firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Just watching BBC and they say a couple of guys were lead to the roof by terrorists and thought they'd get shot there so they used a moment and run away into smoke, the rest of the hostages got shot.

If even 15% of the hostages had concealed firearms it would have never been possible to shoot so many people by 10 attackers
            We we should all carry firearms? That would reduce the murder rate wouldn't it? Just like in the USA.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              We we should all carry firearms?
              No. I said clearly it not for everyone and maybe 15% of population will qualify or want to do that. In a room of 30 students that will mean 4-5 armed students, if some crazy person comes in and starts shooting students then he won't know which ones out of 30 are armed, and even if he knew 4-5 good citizens will gun him down after he makes few shots. This means number of killed would be 2-3 max civilians and the attacker, rather than 30 civilians and attacker going to shoot himself.

Comment

After that however they will likely to switch to blowing themselves up, but at least unarmed people won't be shot like sheep being unable to fight back because some other people don't want to trust them firearms.
                Not necessarily, people go on gun rampages quite regularly in armed US. We had one in Hungerford too some time back, but it's much rarer here. I think ours was a member of a gun club. If guns made life safer here, I would be for them, but I think they make things more dangerous. Training and selection is a joke, and even police can't be fully trusted with them.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Not necessarily, people go on gun rampages quite regularly in armed US.
                  Often in schools which are no-go area for concealed guns including teachers - that's why attackers choose those areas because they know they are not likely to face gunfire so they can kill people without risk (until the police arrives).

Training and selection is a joke, and even police can't be fully trusted with them.
                  I trust UK police. This does not mean they won't make mistakes however what I am confident about is that if police makes mistakes those mistakes won't be because they are corrupt or that Govt secretly ordered them to kill someone, mistakes can always happen.

Comment

Often in schools which are no-go area for concealed guns including teachers - that's why attackers choose those areas because they know they are not likely to face gunfire so they can kill people without risk (until the police arrives).
                    The solution is thus clear. Arm 1 in 10 of US school kids and/or school teachers. Darn these namby-pamby liberal-art American gun laws

I trust UK police. This does not mean they won't make mistakes however what I am confident about is that if police makes mistakes those mistakes won't be because they are corrupt or that Govt secretly ordered them to kill someone, mistakes can always happen.
                    I believe when this issue came up last, the police were not in favour of being armed. It would be an interesting state of affairs if the police were not armed, but 1 in 10 vigilantes were.

Comment

Working...
                    X