• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just starting to warm up…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting to warm up…..

Driving along the M62, find a car perched in the middle of the crash barrier – the type made of metal wire and stumps.

The petrol tank area was squarely on the top of the stump.

Stopped next to the car, the only motorist bothered to stop, and check the condition of the driver – everyone just kept going.

Turns out she had to brake for a van cutting her up, and from 60 to 0 in a couple of seconds and she skidded all over the motorway.

Took a judgement call and suggested she got out of the car due to the risk of a fuel leak. Thankfully she was walking away completely unscathed.

A van driver going past yells ‘Oh, well done’ – at this point she burst into tears, very understandably.

Really does make you think when you not just see this as you go past, but when you see the impact wreckless driving had on people.

Hence sat in the office with a jumper on, still trying to get warm!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    your car doesn't have heating then? did you get her number? was her name betty? she might be "the one" wilmslow..

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      your car doesn't have heating then? did you get her number? was her name betty? she might be "the one" wilmslow..

Well, I did look at the finger, sporting a wedding ring.

If I did not spot that ring I would have given her my number!

To be honest I was just glad she was walking away unscathed. Very disappointed that no other get stopped to check.

Comment

I would also, as I drove past, shouted something along the lines of "oh well done".

Being cut up is no excuse for losing control of ones vehicle. I hope she gets a large fine for driving without due care and attention. Twats like her cause massive tailbacks and really should take the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
          I would also, as I drove past, shouted something along the lines of "oh well done".

Being cut up is no excuse for losing control of ones vehicle.
          Sometimes it's not possible to avoid an accident. It's morons who think it ok to shout insults at total strangers who make the roads so stressful.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Driving along the M62, find a car perched in the middle of the crash barrier – the type made of metal wire and stumps.

Stopped next to the car, the only motorist bothered to stop, and check the condition of the driver – everyone just kept going.

Turns out she had to brake for a van cutting her up, and from 60 to 0 in a couple of seconds and she skidded all over the motorway.

Took a judgement call and suggested she got out of the car due to the risk of a fuel leak. Thankfully she was walking away completely unscathed.

A van driver going past yells ‘Oh, well done’ – at this point she burst into tears, very understandably.

Really does make you think when you not just see this as you go past, but when you see the impact wreckless driving had on people.

Did you stop in the outside Lane?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Sometimes it's not possible to avoid an accident. It's morons who think it ok to shout insults at total strangers who make the roads so stressful.
              Oh my how touchy feely of you. People like her who can't drive are what makes the roads stressful, not someone pointing out that everyone else knows it.

Doesn't excuse it, but it may probably be her driving that provoked the van driver to cut her up.

What goes around comes around and all that.

Well, she'll be off the roads for a short time, which'll in some small way make the roads an all be it slightly safer place.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Yes Brillo, the dilemma was to drive on by, or to stop and check if a life needed saving to be frank about things! Traffic was very slow, hence decided on checking out the driver.

Thankfully all was well, but, humanity dictates we need to do the right thing. Probably not the smartest decision I made to be honest, but, you do what you think is right.

From what the lass said, a van undertook, cut her up, and she was braking to avoid hitting the van. Her car was old (V reg Corsa) hence did not have ABS and she wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Arrest him!

Comment

reckless

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X