• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporate box at rugby - allowable for CT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporate box at rugby - allowable for CT?

Would a box for my clients be allowed as an expense on a limited company?

It is corporate and helps my marketing so i take it this would be allowed.

It dosnt seem like a normal entaining expense that i beleive is not allowable for CT.

If you were asked, you'd have to show who your clients were that you invited, how it could lead to more business and ultimately, what business it eventually led to. Then the revenue would take a view.

I would say it does come under client entertainment and therefore not tax deductable.

All the above based on my experience only as IANAA...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

How can a box for your clients to watch rugby NOT be considered client entertainment?????

Unless its the current england team of course.
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I asked a similar type of question to my accountant about a football box and he laughed at me. Answered my question.

I was only planning on taking the lads along.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          I asked a similar type of question to my accountant about a football box and he laughed at me. Answered my question.

I was only planning on taking the lads along.
          You should have offered to take your accountant!

An accountant once asked me to sponsor his son's racing car for a year - we would get hospitality. He said he would guarantee it would be tax deductible. I seriously considered it as I did spend quite a few days at race days at the time. But in the end I declined.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisl View Post
            Would a box for my clients be allowed as an expense on a limited company?

It is corporate and helps my marketing so i take it this would be allowed.

It dosnt seem like a normal entaining expense that i beleive is not allowable for CT.
            It's hire of a meeting room isn't it?
            Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
            "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Working...
            X