• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents, do they deserve what they get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents, do they deserve what they get?

I got an email from an agent I don't know, saying he has a position for me using skill XXX. Trouble is, I don't have that skill and it is definitely not on my CV. So I asked him about this in my usual diplomatic way, and he replied that I might know someone with this skill: "In recruitment we call this reference".

So the question is, do I just ignore this now, or do I keep annoying him by continuing to reply, saying that I call it spam...?

Even better, do I lead him on with a story of having someone available with XXX but I will want 10% to source him?? Or should I have gone for it and found out about the client, then tried to go direct (and turn up with XXX for Dummies)???

Or maybe I shouldn't, because it's not fair, and I might be grateful for his "help" one day.
    Nah.

ring him up and ask him when he can come round to clean your windows and dig your borders. When he throws a wobbly tell him you were hoping for a reference

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
    X