• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scalextric Micro or classic size?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scalextric Micro or classic size?

Requirements:

* Christmas present for 5 year old boy
    * Available room 4m x 3m
    * He may get some play time with it when I'm not using it.

Any experience of micro versus classic Scalextric? They didn't have this micro stuff in my day.

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    Requirements:

* Christmas present for 5 year old boy
    * Available room 4m x 3m
    * He may get some play time with it when I'm not using it.

Any experience of micro versus classic Scalextric? They didn't have this micro stuff in my day.
    Classic. Lets face it - its a present for you! You will have far more fun on the classic.....

Comment

We've got both. The micro is easier for little children to use as you don't have to be as delicate with the speed and despite several years use, we've not managed to destroy either of the two cars.

The real (big) version is much more fun for you but we've had to replace the motors a few times.

I'm not sure that you can expand the micro version with extra track, so you may be stuck with the figure of eight standard track.

Comment

I tried the micro and took it back as it was so crap (ok this was 10 years ago when my lad was 5 or 6). Track difficult to assemble, cars just fly off at 100 mph all time. Utter rubbish. I admit I was impatient with it, but then so are 5 yo boys!

Got the classic which is way way better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Classic. Lets face it - its a present for you! You will have far more fun on the classic.....
          Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Got the classic which is way way better IMO.
          Heed these people - they speak the truth.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

http://www.scalextric.com/shop/sets/...ital-super-gt/

^
            |
            |
            |
            +-------------- Want one!!!!
            |
            |
            |
            +------------->http://www.scalextric.com/shop/james...-solace-c1222/
            Last edited by Churchill; 1 December 2008, 14:14.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              We've got both. The micro is easier for little children to use as you don't have to be as delicate with the speed and despite several years use, we've not managed to destroy either of the two cars.

The real (big) version is much more fun for you but we've had to replace the motors a few times.

I'm not sure that you can expand the micro version with extra track, so you may be stuck with the figure of eight standard track.
              Hadn't thought about getting both - one for Christmas, one for birthday.

Corporation Tax allowable?

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                Corporation Tax allowable?
                Upto a certain mileage yes
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

5yr + Scalextric doesn't work. Add two cats who think it's great to chase the cars and it really really doesn't work.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                  X