• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eternal Optimists big adventure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eternal Optimists big adventure

Fire and Ice

As I am clocking on a bit, I have decided to go on one last big adventure before I jack it in and start doing cruises or head off for the old folks home.

Next September I am taking the missus to the US and we will hire a car in California and drive up the west coast. Cross into Canada then get as far North as we can, then fly out of Vancouver, possibly Anchorage.
    I reckon 4 weeks should just about do it
    I will call it 'Fire and Ice, 2009 road trip'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Sounds great. What's the starting point in California?

Comment

Sounds good. A bit similar to a retirement holiday that me and Mrs. Deano are planning. We want to do a music tour. We will fly to Chicago and do the blues clubs there before getting a car and driving down through the Midwest. Kentucky for the bluegrass, down to Nashville for the country and Memphis for the rock’n’roll, before heading into Mississippi to finish where we started, with the delta blues – the birth of all of the above.

I want to do it now!
      When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
        Sounds good. A bit similar to a retirement holiday that me and Mrs. Deano are planning. We want to do a music tour. We will fly to Chicago and do the blues clubs there before getting a car and driving down through the Midwest. Kentucky for the bluegrass, down to Nashville for the country and Memphis for the rock’n’roll, before heading into Mississippi to finish where we started, with the delta blues – the birth of all of the above.

I want to do it now!
        Brilliant

is it Beale st in Chicago ?
        BB Kings ?

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I thought Beale Street was in Memphis. The original BB Kings is in Chicago, but hopefully there will be others as well.
          When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Working...
          X