• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What sort of advent calendars have you got for your kids?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got High School Musical for the girl and Star Wars for the boy.

Very festive choices sir.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      Very festive choices sir.
      In my day we just got a picture behind each window! These days they get a choccie per day. Don't know they are born etcetc.

Comment

I was going to get the Simpsons one as it has 30 days...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I got High School Musical for the girl and Star Wars for the boy.
          Why don't you swap them over to see if it starts to make them turn gay

Comment

We were going to get some of the Lego ones, but with 4 kids that gets expensive so they're "making do" with chocolate ones.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Oh man, dont get me started. We go totally OTT, IMHO, in our house.

Few years back my mum made, yes, made, by hand, a sort of quilted hang- on-the-wall Christmas advent calendar affair which gets dragged out the loft each year. To be fair she probably put quite a bit of effort in and I'm sure its nice if you like that sort of thing....however...getting off topic.

So this thing gets liberated from the loft each year, then my wife goes completely mental, again IMHO, and when the kids go to bed, she hides some sort of mini-present somewhere in the house (last night it was a pair of Charlie and Lola books) and then draws a picture of where said items are hidden and sticks it in the advent calendar hole for that day, along with some chocolate and some pink sparkly hair clips (I have 2 young girls, in case you wondered) and then the kiddies wake up, leg it downstairs and, eat the chocolate, stick the hairclips in and go searching for their present. Luckily I'm safely at work by this point.

Completely uncessary if you ask me. But I'd never say that to her face. As every married bloke knows, your stock answer is "Yes dear" to every single question thats ever asked. But secretly I am queitly stewing in resentment. Nothing wrong with a picture of a snowman or something. Thats what I got when I was a kid and it never did me any harm. Least, I don't think it did.

"Keep them at 24,000"
              "No, feet"

Comment

Mars.

Cadbury's is nicer but they wanted Mars so they got Mars!

No chocolate for simply eating (as opposed to cooking) can match up to cadbury's milk for sheer scoffing pleasure, but you can't tell kids anything.
                When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Recycled last years tree-shaped formation of drawers with fresh home made chocolates for the eldest. Recycled a hand-knitted row of stockings with Jelly Babies for the younger one.

Merry Credit Crunchmas

Comment

Hannah Montana
                    Me to You
                    WWE
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X