PDA

View Full Version : What sort of depression are we about to have?

BrilloPad
1st December 2008, 12:58
What sort of depression are we about to have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Depression
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression

TimberWolf
1st December 2008, 12:58
Where's the poll?

BrilloPad
1st December 2008, 12:59
Where's the poll?

Congratulations - you have set an all time cuk record from thread post to asking where poll is - about 27 milliseconds I believe.

When do you want your prize?

TimberWolf
1st December 2008, 13:01
Congratulations - you have set an all time cuk record from thread post to asking where poll is - about 27 milliseconds I believe.

:yay:

ace00
1st December 2008, 13:04
Purple, bit fat. Like a small fat, purple pet dog.

basshead
1st December 2008, 13:08
Manic.

Its already a frustrating mess.

BrilloPad
1st December 2008, 13:12
I am going for Long. All this debt has to work its way out of the system.

KentPhilip
1st December 2008, 13:39
I think a Jim Bowen depression: A "super smashing great" depression

ThomasSoerensen
1st December 2008, 13:48
I voted "Great" as I think the one now names the "Great" depression will be nothing compared to the one we are now slowly entering.

I believe that the stock markets are still far from the bottom - and they are the quickest (publicly available data points) to recover.

This will be years.

BrilloPad
1st December 2008, 13:51
I voted "Great" as I think the one now names the "Great" depression will be nothing compared to the one we are now slowly entering.

I believe that the stock markets are still far from the bottom - and they are the quickest (publicly available data points) to recover.

This will be years.

Apparently "Long" was known as "Great" until the "Great" came along. If you get my drift.

EternalOptimist
1st December 2008, 13:52
Apparently "Long" was known as "Great" until the "Great" came along. If you get my drift.

In that case we need 'The depression to end all depressions'

:rolleyes:

ThomasSoerensen
1st December 2008, 13:52

I know and that is why the current one will become the "Great" - renaming the old "great" from the 30's to something else.

ThomasSoerensen
1st December 2008, 13:54
In that case we need 'The depression to end all depressions'

:rolleyes:

Or "This depression is different from the previous drepressions", No more boom and bust , now just Bust, busty, bustiest, Jordan.

OwlHoot
1st December 2008, 14:01

:laugh

BrilloPad
1st December 2008, 14:03
:laugh

TW has not even asked what his prize is yet!

TimberWolf
1st December 2008, 14:12
TW has not even asked what his prize is yet!

Winning is prize enough.

TimberWolf
1st December 2008, 14:13

Yes, and "Great" will soon become known as the "Second Greatest" :D

BrilloPad
1st December 2008, 14:16
Winning is prize enough.

So you don't want the password to the andyw account? Suit yourself.....

DiscoStu
1st December 2008, 14:16
Australia visa application is almost completed. Hopefully the far better state of their public finances will make it less painful there...

BrilloPad
1st December 2008, 14:17
Australia visa application is almost completed. Hopefully the far better state of their public finances will make it less painful there...

Its the future. Everything is going to move East. UK will just be left with chavs.

TimberWolf
1st December 2008, 14:17

Australia is the land of milk and Honey. Well, Uranium, Thorium, sunlight, low population. Boomed.

BrianSnail
1st December 2008, 15:19

DS, are you doing the application yourself or paying vast sums of your hard earned (read - invoiced for not doing much) to an immigration consultant?

Svalbaard
1st December 2008, 15:23
I don't think it will be great... I think it will be awesome.

And it's great to be able to sit here and watch it happen totally unaffected.

DiscoStu
1st December 2008, 15:43
DS, are you doing the application yourself or paying vast sums of your hard earned (read - invoiced for not doing much) to an immigration consultant?

Being brave and doing it myself. When it all goes tits up I'll probably use a migration agent :laugh

BrianSnail
1st December 2008, 15:47
Being brave and doing it myself. When it all goes tits up I'll probably use a migration agent :laugh

Brave, very brave!

Ravello
1st December 2008, 15:57

Best bet by far. I might just have been unlucky but the migration consultant I used recently was worse than useless, to the point where I needed to tell him what to do at stages of the application.

On top of that since they apply on your behalf the actual embassy will not send anything direct to you, only to the (physical) address of the agency. Since Embassies refuse to use email for any type of communication and the Australian (and UK embassy in Oz) both have the cheek to charge you $10 to speak to them on the phone, it all becomes a tad tedious.

Anyway good luck DS! :happy

Manic
1st December 2008, 16:46
Manic.

Its already a frustrating mess.

What?? :confused: