• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension

We are having a bloody great extension built.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    We are having a bloody great extension built.

There are some who deserve their "good luck" and some who are just "unlucky"...But there are also those who just so stupid that they deserve it when life kicks them in the teeth.

Its a falling House Price market. Why spend money in one?

You still have a choice to stop now...........Continue and you will regret it.

Comment

I spent some money over the weekend too. I bought a hat from the Pound Shop. A new shop opened in town and it was heaving. It's a really good hat for a quid too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
        There are some who deserve their "good luck" and some who are just "unlucky"...But there are also those who just so stupid that they deserve it when life kicks them in the teeth.

Its a falling House Price market. Why spend money in one?

You still have a choice to stop now...........Continue and you will regret it.
        If you have no intention of moving and want more space an extension is a wonderful idea. Making your house more comfortable to live in is not something you should regret.

Why is everybody so preoccupied with the supposed value of their house. Unless you need to sell it, it's a meaningless number anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
          If you have no intention of moving and want more space an extension is a wonderful idea. Making your house more comfortable to live in is not something you should regret.

Why is everybody so preoccupied with the supposed value of their house. Unless you need to sell it, it's a meaningless number anyway.
          WHS. We just had our loft converted because we needed the extra space, and the construction cost was far below what we'd have to pay to move to a house of equivalent size.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            WHS. We just had our loft converted because we needed the extra space, and the construction cost was far below what we'd have to pay to move to a house of equivalent size.
            Speaking of lofts, where's the cheapest place to buy loft insulation? I was thinking of doing this for my parents, since I noticed their old loft insulation is pretty knackered now. But since they have boards over many of the rafters (or whatever they are called), I would only fill to rafter height rather than say 270mm. They don't want the council looking into their finances to get a grant.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Speaking of lofts, where's the cheapest place to buy loft insulation? I was thinking of doing this for my parents, since I noticed their old loft insulation is pretty knackered now. But since they have boards over many of the rafters (or whatever they are called), I would only fill to rafter height rather than say 270mm. They don't want the council looking into their finances to get a grant.
              If you need to buy a lot then try a builders merchant like Buildbase or Magnet - they often do discounts. Other than that B&Q or Wickes often have deals on (I think B&Q might have one on at the moment?).
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Bob's Insulation R Us on railway road next to the chip shop.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                X