• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair trying again to buy Aer Lingus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryanair trying again to buy Aer Lingus

ryanair bid

Can never see why folk get so uptight over Ryanair. They're cheap, and they offer a cheap service (yes there are extras involved, but they still undercut most airlines). Good for them. If it doesn't suit you, don't travel with them. Seems fairly simple to me..

(must remember to get a Visa Electron card though)
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    they offer a cheap service
    Yes and their advertising of it is very clear, transparent, open and never hides material details that may negatively affect your journey, if only all the companies were like them...

Comment

I like the way you get to see more of the world with Ryanair. There's a whole bunch of airports in Europe I never knew existed!
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

There's a whole bunch of airports in Europe I never knew existed!
        And it's a funny coincidence that the destination name of those places happen to be the same as well known airports?

Comment

Apparently all smokescreen from Ryanair. They may be taken over themselves.

I can see the budget airlines doing badly in the recession. If you take a number of holidays a year, with a few weekend trips to Europe on top, you don't mind flying on a glorified bus to make it all viable. When you have to make do with only one holiday trip a year you're going to want to make it a bit special. You're going to fly with a proper airline.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Ryanair is the only airline I have travelled with where the cabin crew thought it was ok to giggle like school girls throughout the safety demonstration, also Michael O'Leary comes across as a right ****.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

ryanair bid

Can never see why folk get so uptight over Ryanair. They're cheap, and they offer a cheap service (yes there are extras involved, but they still undercut most airlines). Good for them. If it doesn't suit you, don't travel with them. Seems fairly simple to me..

(must remember to get a Visa Electron card though)
              I hope it doesn't happen! I fly home regularly sometimes with Ryanair sometimes with Aer Lingus. I prefer Aer Lingus, it's a bit more civilised and less of a bunfight!

But then when Ryanair are offering flights for £5, who am I to question Michael O'Learys logic?
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

[QUOTE=gingerjedi;705079]Ryanair is the only airline I have travelled with where the cabin crew thought it was ok to giggle like school girls throughout the safety demonstration, also Michael O'Leary comes across as a right ****.[/QUOTE]

Egotistical ****
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

This should go ahead, with a new company Ry-y-Lingus. Just hope to heck that Cunard don't take them over

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X