• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How bad was your commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad was your commute?

M62, several lanes are snowed out.

Usual journey is around 50 minutes. Took 2 and a hald today.

Goind to leave by 1pm I think if the motorway is open again - people are still trying to drive in snowed out lanes and falling off the road.

How was it for you?

Abismal. I commute by train. Usually it's 30 minutes but due to the snow today took over an hour.

Comment

5 minute walk from hotel as normal. What is a hald? As you posted at 8 did you leave at 5.30?

Comment

I took exactly the same time as usual thanks. Where is the M62? Is this somewhere North of Watford? If so - what do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          M62, several lanes are snowed out.

Usual journey is around 50 minutes. Took 2 and a hald today.

Goind to leave by 1pm I think if the motorway is open again - people are still trying to drive in snowed out lanes and falling off the road.

How was it for you?
          Lugano to Zurich. Lots of snow but still took the same time as usual. 2h40mins.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I walked as usual, slip sliding all over the place though till I got to centre of town... took about 10 mins longer than normal.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

From the apartment in Aldgate to the client next to the river, 5 minutes or 30? I don't know. Was it snowing? Didn't notice that either. Picked up a sandwich and some fruit on the way. Was it Boots or the Turkish corner shop? Stumped again.

So much excitement, I think I might need a lie down.

Comment

I got up 15 minutes early, ran the car for ten minutes to warm up then left 5 minutes early, which up Norf can make a massive difference. Everyone else left 10 mins early

It was a nightmare, saw two cars collide, wheels spinning , no traction

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

From apartment to tram - 2 minutes as usual - it drizzled a bit though.
                  Tram ride - 30 minutes as usual - nodded off at the end but woke up in time for my stop.
                  From tram to office - 1 minute as usual.

I guess my life is less exciting than Wilmslow's.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Sorry, My commute which usually takes 30 mins, this morning took 35 mins (I had to warm the car up beforehand)
                    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                    X