• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off Field question - if someone dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Field question - if someone dies

Quicky question, if someone dies in your house overnight (they've come home as they are dying of serious illness) who do you call when they eventually pass away??

Doctor, Police, Ambulance? I'm helping out and waiting the call, but who do I need to speak to first when it happens?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

This happened to my wife's nan a few years back, She died during the night and the first call is the Doc to certify death, he usually sorts the rest from there
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

If the death was expected then just the Doctor.

If it is unexpected then the Police, but anyone you do get to attend will call in the Police anyway.

Comment

So do you call the doctor at anytime? or wait until morning?

Is there an etiquette?

It so sad, shes only 36, got taken ill a month back and has incredibly aggressive cancer. She collapsed yesterday evening while her husband was at work and I couldnt pick her up. Had to call the paramedics. I've never seen anyone deteroiate so quick before.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Is there an etiquette?

It so sad, shes only 36, got taken ill a month back and has incredibly aggressive cancer. She collapsed yesterday evening while her husband was at work and I couldnt pick her up. Had to call the paramedics. I've never seen anyone deteroiate so quick before.
          I'm sorry to hear that. Makes you want to make better use of the time that you unaccountably have more of, doesn't it?

Comment

Is there an etiquette?

You have 5 days to notify the family doctor, but I would recommend calling them straight away.

Comment

Is there an etiquette?

Aw Sweetheart, thats so sad and must be so difficult for everyone involved. Not really any etiquette, just call the doctor and they will sort it all out for you.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I just called 999 when my Grandma died - but it was unexpected.

In cases such as yours, I expect a doctor to be aware of the situation so a call to him/her/their overnight service would be appropriate.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Why not give the doctor a call and ask him what to do if the worst happens at 2am ?
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                    You have 5 days to notify the family docto
                    That's a bit gross.

It's an interesting question though. I imagine many people have no idea what you're supposed to do in such circumstances.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X