• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I've never had a job"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I've never had a job"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7746174.stm

I tried hard to sympathise, but I really couldn't.
    And to all those like DA who think that unemployment figures are better than on the continent, these people aren't counted as unemployed
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

And to all those like DA who think that unemployment figures are better than on the continent, these people aren't counted as unemployed
    known as Biff to her friends.

Comment

Shes not counted because she wasn't actively looking for work and so wasn't claiming job seekers allowance.
      Makes sense really, you don't want to include all the full time house wive's/husband's and aspiring "author's" in those figures

Apostrophie's abused on purpose
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Shes not counted because she wasn't actively looking for work and so wasn't claiming job seekers allowance.
        Makes sense really, you don't want to include all the full time house wive's/husband's and aspiring "author's" in those figures

Apostrophie's abused on purpose
        Surely anyone claiming Income support should be counted? It seems to be just an alternative to JobSeekers Allowance in this case and presumably many others.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Surely anyone claiming Income support should be counted? It seems to be just an alternative to JobSeekers Allowance in this case and presumably many others.
          I though income support is also available to those who are working but need some extra help, maybe because they can't work full time due to child care duties
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

But she concedes that she doesn't really know why she didn't get a job, and that there was an element of just "not getting round" to it.
              She doesn't think school wanted her to stay on because she "wasn't too bright" and used to bunk off a lot.
              Without any qualifications she assumed she wasn't able to follow her chosen path and join the Army. She never actually made it to the recruitment office to ask.

To be honest this person’s so bleeding useless it’s probably cheaper to just give her benefits to keep her away from any kind of a job where she’d do a lot more damage to the economy. Sorry to say it, but some people really are just too hopeless to work. The question is really whether we let those people rot, begging and drug dealing in the streets, or try to at least keep them in humane conditions where they might leave the rest of us alone, and then try to help their kids make a better go of life.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

She's got nice cat though...

Comment

Income support has not been counted since the 1980s, and bear in mind some looking for work are put on income support because they don't have enough stamps or because they resigned from their last job, or if they were comapny directors. If you can get jobseekers, households with two claimants are counted once.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Another issue here is that a waste of life like this produces kids, which gives us another generation of wasters.

We should invade France...that would get our industry going again, get the scroungers off the dole and into the services thereby helping our balance of payments, and get the sense of cummunity going again.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X