• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New business analyst site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New business analyst site

Hi

I'm creating a site to provide a practitioner's view on business analysis. It will cover what it is, how to do it and relevant events.

I would be interested in people's feedback.

Do you like it?
    Do you think it has value?
    What would you value or what do you think others (esp newbies) might value?

Any comments here or on the site would be appreciated

You can find it at www.businessanalystmentor.com

I'm adding content week by week and would like to make sure it covers what people are interested in.

Alex
    Alex Papworth

Try out Business Analyst Mentor for advice and articles on business analysis

it reads ok, although i'm not in anyway a BA, but from a usability point of view it needs to be broken up into seperate pages, it's too much scrolling on one page
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      it reads ok, although i'm not in anyway a BA, but from a usability point of view it needs to be broken up into seperate pages, it's too much scrolling on one page
      it's a blog, not a proper website as such
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        it's a blog, not a proper website as such
        ahhh I see, if i'd have paid more attention to the OP I wouldn't have looked quite so stupid..

apologies.. carry on, nothing to see here
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Would agree with Chef. A blog is great for updates on a single subject but your site should be much more structured making it easier to navigate.

What is the picture of the car in the tunnel all about?? Does it have any relevance?

The content is good and as it grows it could be useful for new BAs.
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

It's a blog for now

Thanks - it's easiest to get going with a blog so that's what I started with. I'm only doing it part time and don't have time to get to grips with joomla so this seemed to be the best plug and play approach

I agree that it wouldn't be so good longer term. I might buy a slightly more structured Wordpress theme or just wait until I've got some more content and time and port it over to a proper content management system.

Car and tunnel have no relevance - they just came free with the theme. I need to think about a more appropriate image
            Alex Papworth

Comment

A good start.

Going forward it would be good to see how requirement gathering/documentation is handling using different methodologies, and do not be biased towards one in particular.

A useful hints and tips section for handling such areas as holding workshops etc and dealing with conflict is always useful, as would a repository for examples of ‘food practice’ documentation and templates.
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Good advice

Those all sound like good suggestions - I plan to work through those sorts of areas slowly but surely. I will probably document those approaches with which I am most familiar at first.

I will definitely be covering food practice also

That sounds like more fun then just good practice!
                Alex Papworth

Comment

Not being deliberately nasty, but it's a bit too much like a dull Blog.

You need to pep it up.

Get someone who knows about web design to do it.

Comment

There are thousands and thousands of blogs using that theme.

http://www.jroller.com/shareme
                    http://www.jroller.com/dlwhitehurst

etc etc.

Got to ditch it soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X