• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My phone has been ‘jacked’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My phone has been ‘jacked’

I’ve had 5 unintelligible text’s form Sri Lanka today which I thought was odd? Someone I know then called me on my landline and mentioned my number is no longer in use?

Since then I’ve had calls from UK phones asking for Asian sounding names and angry sounding people from Sri Lanka ringing and hanging up.

I hope I’m not caught in the middle of a Tamil Tiger terrorist operation.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Wilmslow, is that you?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I’ve had 5 unintelligible text’s form Sri Lanka today which I thought was odd? Someone I know then called me on my landline and mentioned my number is no longer in use?

Since then I’ve had calls from UK phones asking for Asian sounding names and angry sounding people from Sri Lanka ringing and hanging up.

I hope I’m not caught in the middle of a Tamil Tiger terrorist operation.
      Maybe you've got a number similar to that one used by an international terrorist organisation and it's an case of mis-dialling on their members part?

Could you just ask them who the flip they are?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Wilmslow, is that you?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I rang O2 who were very apologetic, they said it’s a rare occurrence but somehow they've allowed another number to take over my sim.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            Wilmslow, is that you?
            Some b****** keeps parking their van across my drive too, I would go toe to toe and have it out with him but I think I'd wet myself.

Comment

We have an annoying postman. Bah!

Comment

Working...
              X