• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF~ "No-one in our house works"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF~ "No-one in our house works"

IMO this beggers belief

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7746174.stm

"The family is what the statistics gatherers call a "workless household" - one of three million in the country. "

"As no one in the house is actively seeking work, they don't count as "unemployed" and none claims Jobseeker's Allowance."

Why oh why do I bother to get out of bed every day and work - some folk have it so easy.

"I'm sorry they have to pay tax money to me. If I could get a job... give me a job then and I'll work, and then they won't have to pay me."

her one attempt at find work

"Without any qualifications she assumed she wasn't able to follow her chosen path and join the Army. She never actually made it to the recruitment office to ask."

So.. we all fund this person and her offspring - what a joke

I have paid loads in Tax over the years but can not claim anything as I am a "Director"

FYI I am benched right now - but actively seeking my next gig.
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

FFS Do keep up at the back.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...r-had-job.html
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh Dear - I am too busy looking for work right now to read back posts

Unlike some ....
      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
        IMO this beggers belief
        ... rant rant ...
        Why oh why do I bother to get out of bed every day and work - some folk have it so easy.
        ... rant rant ...
        I'll say the same as I say to permies who whinge that contractors get too much money: you too can do it if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
          Oh Dear - I am too busy looking for work right now to read back posts

Unlike some ....
          But you did have enough time to find the bbc story, copy and paste extracts from it and add your own rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            But you did have enough time to find the bbc story, copy and paste extracts from it and add your own rant.
            …and you could have spent that time voluntarily coaching unemployed people in the skills of applying for a job and getting through interviews, which is something in which many of us contractors are very skilled.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I saw that on BBC site and decided it was bound to be on CUK at least once.

Quite, everyone should be expected to do what it is reasonably possible for them to do, no matter how little that may be. Otherwise there should be no benefits, no housing, no nothing.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Be fair, it was buried on page 4 of the list of threads - it's not as if it were one of the first few discussions on the list.

Oh, hang on a second though...
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                X