• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B idea going cheap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B idea going cheap

Apparently they're to announce in the Queens speach, or at least hidden in the small print, a plan to polygraph benefits claiments.

So the "Plan B" is to franchise out the training on how to pass polygraph tests.

Any takers?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Well seeing as the British government seems to be a big pile of kak at the moment, why not:

- offer to buy it, in effect privatising it
    - outsource the various departments to offshore companies
    - sell off to the highest bidder

Surely this would be a sure fire hit with them as that is what they preach to industry?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere that polygraph tests cannot be taken as irrefutable proof of a subject's honesty or veracity ?

Something to do with the fact that a polygraph measures changes in the skin, which can be caused, ironically by the fact of having a polygraph test in the first place.

If you do rely on polygraphing, then you need to have multiple testers and machines and also conduct multiple tests apparently.

All the test will tell you is that there are changes in the person's skin.

Whether these are caused by the question asked, them thinking about something unrelated to the test (like a driving test next week perhaps ?), or getting the hots (or colds) for the tester is another matter.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        I'm sure I read somewhere that polygraph tests cannot be taken as irrefutable proof of a subject's honesty or veracity ?

Something to do with the fact that a polygraph measures changes in the skin, which can be caused, ironically by the fact of having a polygraph test in the first place.

If you do rely on polygraphing, then you need to have multiple testers and machines and also conduct multiple tests apparently.

Whether these are caused by the question asked, them thinking about something unrelated to the test (like a driving test next week perhaps ?), or getting the hots (or colds) for the tester is another matter.
        According to a BBC program I saw once, its very easy to beat. Just clench your buttocks on the control questions.

Comment

Just clench your buttocks on the control
          I shall remember that the next time I go to Torture Garden. Thx.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I shall remember that the next time I go to Torture Garden. Thx.
            Dare I google that at clientco? Sounds fun though!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Dare I google that at clientco? Sounds fun though!
              I'll dare you. Please post results ASAP.
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
                I'll dare you. Please post results ASAP.
                Gosh I am so stupid. Being dared I just can't resist......

www.torturegarden.com/

Torture Garden - The world's leading Fetish ClubAlthough primarily a fetish club, Torture Garden has always fused other underground cultures such as body art, goth, industrial, burlesque, electro etc, ...

For some reason I suspect this site will be blocked by clientco.......

Comment

For some reason I suspect this site will be blocked by clientco.......
                  Depends who you work for I guess :-)

It's a cracking club (or should I say "smacking"), and the costumes are fantastic.

The 1940's dance room was good, with guys and girls dressed in wartime clobber (some of which is authentic) dancing to Glen Miller and Big Band music (I kid you not !)

Club Antichrist is next on my list, as it plays more my sort of music (goth industrial) but a little bit of jazz and swingtime was good at the room in TG and suited the attire.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

WTW, they measure much more than skin. Think heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate.

Take a zen course, you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X