• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Billing hours worked at home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billing hours worked at home

Due to the weather, my client company has said it would be okay for me to work from home tomorrow and Friday if the trains are not running.

I've never worked from home before and wondered how you go about recording the time without being able to prove you worked them?

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
    Due to the weather, my client company has said it would be okay for me to work from home tomorrow and Friday if the trains are not running.

I've never worked from home before and wondered how you go about recording the time without being able to prove you worked them?
    You mean as against time at the office where you must have been working and not posting on CUK etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post

Just charge it dude.

Rhubarb.

Comment

simple, you bill 8 hrs per day

get up at 10am
        check email
        make a fry up
        post on cuk
        make lunch or go for a pub lunch
        check email
        post on cuk or do something productive with your time other than work
        check email around 4pm
        done
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Simple, just treat it as a normal day and bill accordingly, 1 day/7.5hrs whatever.

Just make sure if asked you can provide some sort of evidence that you did actually do some work, even if you didn't.

Comment

Charge as normal - I have normally made a few calls into Clientco or sent a few emails to to 'prove' I am around
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

If you are actually working, just log what you did. Otherwise, make sure to have a couple of meetings or at least check something in/out of CVS/SVN.

Remembering to login to their system is probably a good idea too.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X