• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The £ again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The £ again

Its sinking fast cap'n. Hold on to your martinis because the coctail bar of the Titanic will be the first to hit the iceberg.

On the GBPUSD, we will no doubt see the November low of 1.4558 before midday tomorrow. I am sure the markets are pricing in a huge interest rate cut.

After that, next stop 1.4070 and then the year 2000 low of 1.3680.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Its sinking fast cap'n. Hold on to your martinis because the coctail bar of the Titanic will be the first to hit the iceberg.

On the GBPUSD, we will no doubt see the November low of 1.4558 before midday tomorrow. I am sure the markets are pricing in a huge interest rate cut.

God I hope so, my USD invoice is due for payment this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      God I hope so, my USD invoice is due for payment this week!
      Indeed. My project has a few weeks in arrears due and pays in USD. I don't have a $ account with my bank, considering it but I have no idea if it's expensive or a PITA. Anyone done this with Abbey?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

1.4558 ? Ridiculous.
        Any fool know it will be 1.4556
        Bored.

Comment

I'm thinking of opening a Zim Dollar account as a hedge.

Comment

I get paid in $$
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              I'm thinking of opening a Zim Dollar account as a hedge.
              you'd want online banking!
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

According to an FX trader on CNN, pray that the £ doesn't drop below 1.4, because if it does it will trigger a run on the pound. It seems that 1.4 will cause automatic selling of the pound.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  According to an FX trader on CNN, pray that the £ doesn't drop below 1.4, because if it does it will trigger a run on the pound. It seems that 1.4 will cause automatic selling of the pound.
                  I amazes me that banks are still allowing their models to rule what they are doing.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    The article http://marketoracle.co.uk/Article7526.html linked in sappatz's 1st December posting "comrade Brown bankrupting Britains" contains this slightly more precise formulation, with a graph:

The targets illustrated in previous analysis still stand in that sterling is projecting down towards £/$137.50 as a multi decade support level which may give temporary respite to the sterling bear market. However a break below £/$137.50 would target parity to the US Dollar, which will mean a 50% loss in the value of all assets for the duration of the bear market to parity and likewise 50% rise in the price of dollar imported goods and services and to a lesser degree from other countries, therefore highly inflationary.

Comment

Working...
                    X