• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Do confessions and/or stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Do confessions and/or stories

A few years ago I remember Key 103 (radio station in Manchester) had this feature where people would ring up in the morning and confess to things that had gone on the night before at their work Christmas do. This all went pear shaped when a woman rang in to confess that she'd spent most of the night sh@gging her married boss. It happened that the boss's wife was listening and managed to get enough pieces of the jigsaw to work out it was her husband and then it all got very messy. They pulled the feature after that.

So, in a similar spirit, who would like to offer any confessions or good stories from Christmas do's past or present?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    A few years ago I remember Key 103 (radio station in Manchester) had this feature where people would ring up in the morning and confess to things that had gone on the night before at their work Christmas do. This all went pear shaped when a woman rang in to confess that she'd spent most of the night sh@gging her married boss. It happened that the boss's wife was listening and managed to get enough pieces of the jigsaw to work out it was her husband and then it all got very messy. They pulled the feature after that.

So, in a similar spirit, who would like to offer any confessions or good stories from Christmas do's past or present?

I sh@gged your mrs.

HTH
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

I make a point of shagging the company secretary after every Christmas do.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I make a point of shagging the company secretary after every Christmas do.
        Same here, but can I have a go first this year please?
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

I haven’t attended an office Christmas party since 1998, when I struggled to avoid drifting into a vegetative state during a speech by the MD of my employer at the time. I just can’t stand office parties, office dinners, team get togethers or any of that permie tripe. I don’t want to ever have to go to one of these pathetic attempts at a party, and in fact office parties are one of my top reasons to avoid going permie.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I haven’t attended an office Christmas party since 1998, when I struggled to avoid drifting into a vegetative state during a speech by the MD of my employer at the time. I just can’t stand office parties, office dinners, team get togethers or any of that permie tripe. I don’t want to ever have to go to one of these pathetic attempts at a party, and in fact office parties are one of my top reasons to avoid going permie.
            Oh what a pity. With your positive attitude I bet you'd be such a riot and sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Oh what a pity. With your positive attitude I bet you'd be such a riot and sorely missed.
              I really don't care whether anyone misses me as long as they pay me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Same here! The only one I went to was years ago, a cringeworthy 'Company Christmas Lunch' at a local hotel. Crunch point for me came when everyone was seated in the restaurant, and the 'compere' (i.e. permie twat with a microphone) declared that everyone should look under their chairs to find the piece of paper taped to the underside. On it was written one of my items from Twelve Days of Christmas, which each of us would have to stand up and SING, at the appropriate time in the song. I picked up my bag and walked out at that point, muttering "**** that" not quite under my breath.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I went to a christmas do at the Manoir when working for Citibank. Only the contractors could afford to go so it was a good evening.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I went to a christmas do at the Manoir when working for Citibank. Only the contractors could afford to go so it was a good evening.

That's more like it mate!

Comment

Working...
                    X