• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To iPhone or not iPhone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To iPhone or not iPhone?

So here's the scenario:

Your contract is with O2 and you're due an upgrade - tomorrow

For your same tarrif you can have an 8 GB iPhone with similar texts and minutes + unlimited data/internet

Do you:

A: get an iPhone
    B: Get something else

and why?

poll incoming
    Yes I'd get an iPhone because....
    44.74%
    No I'd get something else because....
    36.84%
    I'll get what Andyw's got because....
    18.42%
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    So here's the scenario:

Your contract is with O2 and you're due an upgrade - tomorrow

For your same tarrif you can have an 8 GB iPhone with similar texts and minutes + unlimited data/internet

Do you:

A: get an iPhone
    B: Get something else

and why?

poll incoming
    I can't possibly answer unless you tell us what you use your phone for...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      I can't possibly answer unless you tell us what you use your phone for...

Phoning, texting, mobile email and web surfing.

I need an uprade for my 2GB ipod nano as well
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Yes - if you can afford the tariff and get chances to recharge at least once per day.

Best phone on the market by a long way but battery power is the one of the worst on the market by a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by eyetie View Post
          Yes - if you can afford the tariff and get chances to recharge at least once per day.

Best phone on the market by a long way but battery power is the one of the worst on the market by a long way.
          Hmm - so using it as an ipod won't help this either..

The tarrif doesn't change

Comment

web surfing.
            Best mobile surfing platform ever. Unless you like flash bit and bobs.

Downloadable apps are the coolest thing about it though.

Try the keyboard first. If you don't find yourself wanting to cut your fingers off in frustration then buy it...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Best mobile surfing platform ever. Unless you like flash bit and bobs.

Downloadable apps are the coolest thing about it though.

Try the keyboard first. If you don't find yourself wanting to cut your fingers off in frustration then buy it...
              I don't understand why it doesn't come with a stylus - would a stylus work with it?

I have spares for my XDA (purchased from ebay) as I'm quite good at losing them..
              Last edited by Jog On; 3 December 2008, 15:07.

Comment

I don't understand why it doesn't come with a stylus - would a stylus work with it?

I have spares for my XDA (purchased from ebay) as I'm quite good at loosing them..
                You set your stylus free?
                Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by eyetie View Post
                  How do you work that one out. What does it do that any any number of other phones can't?

It's an Emperor's new clothes device that's what it is.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                    You set your stylus free?
                    Yes

Comment

Working...
                    X