• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi Lapland. No!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi Lapland. No!

How come Lapland seems to have stacked its claim for a large slice of the lucrative Father Christmas tourist purse? Everyone knows he's from the North Pole which isn't owned by anyone as far as I know.

All these people taking their kids to Lapland to see where Father Christmas lives are just contribuiting to the lie.

Lapland you've got a bare faced cheek.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    How come Lapland seems to have stacked its claim for a large slice of the lucrative Father Christmas tourist purse? Everyone knows he's from the North Pole which isn't owned by anyone as far as I know.

All these people taking their kids to Lapland to see where Father Christmas lives are just contribuiting to the lie.

I thought lapland was in Finland?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

IIRC isn't Lapland where the Reindeer are supposed to live? Seems reasonable that Father Christmas might pop in and check up on the little fellas.
      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        I thought lapland was in Finland?
        That's Finnish Lapland. Norway, Sweden and Russia all have a bit too.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Lapland is a region rather than a country. Falling above the Arctic Circle, Lapland stretches from Russia through Finland, Sweden and Norway.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Sorry for not telling my kids the truth about Lapland. And father christmas.

Shall I tell them the facts of life too?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              That's Finnish Lapland. Norway, Sweden and Russia all have a bit too.

So what nationality is Santa then?

Comment

Father Christmas!
                Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

None as he lives in International waters.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

He probably holds several passports.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X