• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed…a bit…maybe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed…a bit…maybe

Client manager says he wants me to stay on for 2 more months, maybe longer but needs authorisation from ‘senior executives’ and says rates may be cut, and new contracts are delayed while an ‘internal rates audit’ is carried out. Well, I suppose 2 months extra money will be useful in the savings account and for launching plan B, but I don’t like the indecision around here so I’ve started looking for something else anyway; hopefully I’ll find something where the work’s a bit more challenging and then I might spend a bit less time on CUK. Suddenly all those ‘senior executives’ who spent the boom years portraying themselves as decisive, enterprising and ‘thrusting’ have turned into quivering little jellyfish at the mention of the word ‘budgets’.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Yawn.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Client manager says he wants me to stay on for 2 more months, maybe longer but needs authorisation from ‘senior executives’ and says rates may be cut, and new contracts are delayed while an ‘internal rates audit’ is carried out. Well, I suppose 2 months extra money will be useful in the savings account and for launching plan B, but I don’t like the indecision around here so I’ve started looking for something else anyway; hopefully I’ll find something where the work’s a bit more challenging and then I might spend a bit less time on CUK. Suddenly all those ‘senior executives’ who spent the boom years portraying themselves as decisive, enterprising and ‘thrusting’ have turned into quivering little jellyfish at the mention of the word ‘budgets’.
        Good stuff mate - at least you got that potential 2 months to then keep looking.

Comment

Working...
        X