• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's hoping to get snowed in tomorrow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's hoping to get snowed in tomorrow?

Yay a blizzard on it's way, my daughters school have already warned us they may be shut tomorrow.

Who's gonna build the biggest snowman then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7762610.stm
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Meh, it's only water!!!!

How does snow manage to catch the country out just about every year?

'elf and safety guru

Comment

I'd quite enjoy a day snowed in. As long as it's only a day.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
        Meh, it's only water!!!!

How does snow manage to catch the country out just about every year?

Depends what you mean by "Catch out" - we aren't geared up like, say Switzerland
        Because it would be a daft waste of money when we get so little snow. Better to sit it out for the odd day or two.

Comment

Hope not, as I'm buying breakfast for the chaps and chapesses on my team at one of the clients.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I told them there was a good chance I would not be in. Travel from Glasgow to Edinburgh.

Day on the xbox for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Depends what you mean by "Catch out" - we aren't geared up like, say Switzerland
              Because it would be a daft waste of money when we get so little snow. Better to sit it out for the odd day or two.
              And it isn't every year, either.

We can go five years in a row without getting any snow each winter

tim

Comment

If I wake up to snow tomorrow morning, two things are likely to have happened.

1. The snow currently in the North has migrated South
                2. I have been abducted in my sleep and woken up in Scotland.

To be honest, I can't decide which is the worst option.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

So far in my part of Scotland there's been no snow at all although some forecast for later tonight.

I work at home so not worried, all stocked with food and booze to see me through the weekend.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Cliphead posted I work at home so not worried, all stocked with food and booze to see me through the weekend.
                    I sense you may struggle if the drifts get too bad. Need a hand reducing the stockpile ?
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X