• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government allows mortgage payments to be deferred for 2 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government allows mortgage payments to be deferred for 2 years

Holy Mackerel!

I wish I had a mortgage now so that I could default on it.

Linky

Who cares.....I'm sure the banks will find a way around it.

The real fireworks was the speakers statement. Yowza! Bet jacqui smith was smiling though...
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Erm, won't this just make the debt mountain even bigger?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Mr Brown told MPs: "Hardworking households that experience a redundancy or significant loss of income as a result of the downturn will be able to defer a proportion of their interest payments for up to two years while they get their family finances back on track."

Soundbite diarrhoea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Erm, won't this just make the debt mountain even bigger?
          Yes.

Comment

Rewarding those who borrowed far too much again, at the expense of the prudent
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Yes.
              Fooking great idea. Consumers and government build up too much debt. World goes into recession. Solution; build up bigger debts.

Comment

Families on lower incomes are to be encouraged to save more through financial incentives.
                Does not compute. I thought the idea was to get people spending (on credit) again?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Rewarding those who borrowed far too much again, at the expense of the prudent
                  Oi, where's your christmas avatar?

Comment

Now you've got no excuse for not buying that house you cannot afford.
                    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Working...
                    X