• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sex discrimination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sex discrimination

http://management.silicon.com/career...9152386,00.htm

Female IT managers are for the first time earning more than their male counterparts and women are also climbing the corporate ladder faster, according to the annual salary survey from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).

Across all sectors the average female team leader, at 37 years old, is four years younger than her male counterpart, while female IT managers earn on average £45,869 per year - £779 more than the men do.

Outrageous discrimination. I hope the government are going to encourage more men into IT and apply more much needed legislation to balance this disgraceful discrimination.

We need that extra £779! Do you have no idea how much a pair of Prada shoes cost? And then there's the added cost of the matching handbag!

I think women deserve something for all the c*ck sucking they've had to endure to get those jobs in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
      [CUT]
      I think women deserve something for all the c*ck sucking they've had to endure to get those jobs in the first place!
      They? Are you saying you are not a woman?

Or that you don't suck?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Or that you don't suck?
        I do but it hasn't resulted in a rate rise
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          I do but it hasn't resulted in a rate rise
          Well, next time try with your boss too.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Well, next time try with your boss too.
            I did. The boss, the contract manager and the CEO all at the same time. Ah, the innocent follies of youth.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
            X