• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

skiing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skiing

any ski experts here, thinking canada

I'm a newbie- what's best: posher place less nightlife, or less posh more nightlife

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    any ski experts here, thinking canada

I'm a newbie- what's best: posher place less nightlife, or less posh more nightlife
    Depends how important each is to you doesn't it? Now my days of getting trashed are over I look for the best skiing.

Comment

Snow in Canada is great although I find the nightlife is more reserved than in Europe and the landscape less stunning.

As a newbie, if I were you I'd get on an all in Crystal (other companies are available) ski trip with equipment, ski pass and lessons included and then get on a few cheaper end of season trips to France till you get the hang of it.

First place I went skiing was Bulgaria - it was like the wild west with guns, prostitutes and copious amounts of grass and local hootch thrown in by the indigenous oiks for free.

Still one of the best holidays I've ever had.
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Plenty of snow in Europe. I put my skis in for service. Pick them up tomorrow. Ski season starts Saturday.

Of course, you poor saps in the UK will have to see where your pound stretches further. It might be worth my while to ski in Scotland, if there's snow.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Plenty of snow in Europe. I put my skis in for service. Pick them up tomorrow. Ski season starts Saturday.

Of course, you poor saps in the UK will have to see where your pound stretches further. It might be worth my while to ski in Scotland, if there's snow.
          Due a blizzard across the whole country tomorrow...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've done it in Austria over Xmas twice and it was fantastic both times!
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Aspen 2 weeks catered chalet < £600!
              http://www.skiworld.ltd.uk/ski/holiday/USA/471
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Skiing for me falls into the same category as getting married/falling in love.

Can someone explain it as I really don't see the appeal. I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Skiing is like making love to a beautiful woman, first you need to make sure you have got the right equipment...
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

That's what I thought until I went.

IMHO, one of the best holidays you can have.

Comment

Working...
                    X