• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage payers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage payers

Mortgage payers want the governement to be deferred , or put on hold , for two years.

why do we always get everything backwards in this God-forsaken-hellhole ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Mortgage payers want the governement to be deferred , or put on hold , for two years.

why do we always get everything backwards in this God-forsaken-hellhole ?

Wonder if someone would like to pay my rent for 2 years if I'm benched
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I'm going to look into squatting rights. Saw a news item yesterday where it looks like all you have to do is put a notice on the front door!

Isn't there also a rule that allows you to claim the property if you manage to squat for a number of years?

Sod paying rent, or mortgage, there's supposedly a million empty houses out there.

I'm going to find one in the country and build a giant haystack around it. That guy that got caught dodging the planning permission was taking the wrong approach.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        I'm going to look into squatting rights. Saw a news item yesterday where it looks like all you have to do is put a notice on the front door!

Isn't there also a rule that allows you to claim the property if you manage to squat for a number of years?

Sod paying rent, or mortgage, there's supposedly a million empty houses out there.

I'm going to find one in the country and build a giant haystack around it. That guy that got caught dodging the planning permission was taking the wrong approach.
        Remember this? Link
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

.. Isn't there also a rule that allows you to claim the property if you manage to squat for a number of years? ..
          Adverse possession it's called. There was some talk recently about abolishing it.

Also, it can only be claimed on private (personal or corporate) property, not Crown or (I think) Church property.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What happens if you buy a repossed flat that has an AST on it. How do you claim the rent if it were set up with the repo'd landlord?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Adverse possession it's called. There was some talk recently about abolishing it.

Also, it can only be claimed on private (personal or corporate) property, not Crown or (I think) Church property.

So at the start of the 10-12 year period (as it currently stands), you have to notify someone you're starting the squatting? Otherwise how do you prove you complied with all the requirements for the initial 10 years?
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                GSOH!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

You must be living in a posh area if you have to pay rent for a park bench.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

So at the start of the 10-12 year period (as it currently stands), you have to notify someone you're starting the squatting? Otherwise how do you prove you complied with all the requirements for the initial 10 years?
                    I think you only have to provide evidence you've been in possession for at least that time, e.g. with utility bills.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X