• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HBO series Rome 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO series Rome 2

Just finished watching the series on DVD - is it the best thing ever on TV or what?
    Bored.

What?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      What?
      WHS

Comment

I watched the first few episodes of Rome

its written by and for women and idiots
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome_(TV_series)

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            I watched the first few episodes of Rome

its written by and for women and idiots
            What makes you say that?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              What makes you say that?
              two male characters
              - 1 married to a slave girl he rescued, very "pretty woman"(as in the movie) and never cheats (although might come close) i.e one for the girls to dream about being married to
              - the other a single knavish bloke, the looker of the two and shags anything that moves. i.e. one for the girls to dream about shagging

over the top set and costume design, although not too over the top to appear rediculous - plenty of "perfect shagging" settings though

Dialogue is a rediculous attempt at trying to make them sound old fashioned and intelligent at the same time. Overly convoluted, although that might be an attempt to pad it out to an hour

Token gay character (Awww its such a shame he's gay, he was so hot)

I could go on but its been over a year since I watched it
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Deadwood was the bestest.

And the sweariest.
                I think the production team's the same, the "look & feel" is very similar. But Deadwood was only (very) good for season 1.
                HBO are great - the joint venture stuff with BBC is the best can we sell BBC to HBO?
                I think Rome would be great for schools history, after some editing!
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  two male characters
                  - 1 married to a slave girl he rescued, very "pretty woman"(as in the movie) and never cheats (although might come close) i.e one for the girls to dream about being married to
                  - the other a single knavish bloke, the looker of the two and shags anything that moves. i.e. one for the girls to dream about shagging

over the top set and costume design, although not too over the top to appear rediculous - plenty of "perfect shagging" settings though

Dialogue is a rediculous attempt at trying to make them sound old fashioned and intelligent at the same time. Overly convoluted, although that might be an attempt to pad it out to an hour

Token gay character (Awww its such a shame he's gay, he was so hot)

I could go on but its been over a year since I watched it
                  I don't know what you've been watching, but that certainly isn't Rome.

Titus Pullo - British ex Slave, now common soldier, marries the slave girl yes, but he's quite happy whoring it and also sires Cleopatras son.

Lucius Vorenus - Doesn't cheat on his wife, just ends up killing her.

Then you're forgetting the characters of Caesar, Mark Antony, Octavian, Brutus, etc, etc, etc.

Which one was the token gay? Cicero? My missus didn't think he was too hot, maybe you're into 60 year old men.

Don't try to take it too seriously and it's actually a really good series.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    Just finished watching the series on DVD - is it the best thing ever on TV or what?
                    Very much enjoyed it when it was on. Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson are great actors and deserve to be bigger
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X