• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pro's and Con's of UK joining the Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro's and Con's of UK joining the Euro

Good article outlining the pros and cons

So thought I'd post something a little more objective, than the usual "yah boo" arguments about Sterling/Euro.

I think it is highly unlikely that the UK could join anyway as it is quite clearly a basket case now.
    I'm alright Jack

[QUOTE=BlasterBates;707932
    I think it is highly unlikely that the UK could join anyway as it is quite clearly a basket case now.[/QUOTE]

Is that "the Euro is a basket case" or "the UK is a basket case" ??
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Thanks. Interesting.

Personally I want Euro and Schengen. I've had enough of arriving at Frankfurt at a Schengen gate, getting off the plane into the terminal, then immediately downstairs and outside again for a bus to the non-Schengen part of the terminal for passport control.

Comment

I have a basket case in my loft. I think I paid in Sterling.

Comment

I can't see the UK joining the Euro while Brown is in charge, at least before the next election, as it would be a massive admission of his failure.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            I can't see the UK joining the Euro while Brown is in charge, at least before the next election, as it would be a massive admission of his failure.
            Brown doesn't do being wrong. And as for giving up control to people obviously less capable than himself....

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Thanks. Interesting.

Personally I want Euro and Schengen. I've had enough of arriving at Frankfurt at a Schengen gate, getting off the plane into the terminal, then immediately downstairs and outside again for a bus to the non-Schengen part of the terminal for passport control.
              me too, I'm glad Switzerland signed up, I don't have to break into a cold sweat when I can't lay my hands on my passport.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                me too, I'm glad Switzerland signed up, I don't have to break into a cold sweat when I can't lay my hands on my passport.
                And nor does Abu Mohammed Razi, freedom fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  And nor does Abu Mohammed Razi, freedom fighter.
                  Yes see what you mean, so when "Abu" with his French passport is checked at the British passport desk, the official can immediately see that he's freedom fighter. Yes they are very astute in the 10 seconds they spend looking at the passports.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X