• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gloibal Warming update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloibal Warming update

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...cord-cold.html

According to the US National Climatic Data Center (NCDC), the average temperature of the global land surface in January 2008 was below the 20th century mean (-0.02°F/-0.01°C) for the first time since 1982.

Temperatures were also colder than average across large swathes of central Asia, the Middle East, the western US, western Alaska and southeastern China.

The NCDC reported that the cold conditions were associated with "the largest January snow cover extent on record for the Eurasian continent and for the Northern Hemisphere".

In some parts of China and central Asia, snow fell for the first time in living memory, the NCDC noted.

"For the contiguous United States, the average temperature was 30.5°F (-0.83°C) for January, which was 0.3°F (0.2°C) below the 20th century mean and the 49th coolest January on record, based on preliminary data".

Much of North America was also hit by the heaviest snowfall since the 1960s.

Meanwhile, the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre found the January 2008 Northern Hemisphere sea ice extent, while below the 1979-2000 mean, was greater than the previous four years.

And the January 2008 Southern Hemisphere sea ice extent was significantly above the 1979-2000 mean, ranking as the largest sea ice extent in January over the 30-year historical period.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweath..._outlook.shtml

A cold spell, with lower than average December temperatures.

It was colder than average with freezing fog in Cumbria and central Scotland this weekend, with accompanying temperatures of -2 degrees.

In fact Glasgow has just had the coldest November day in 23 years.

So it's getting warmer then and the people who drive SUVs should stop drowning little kittens?

Comment

And in other news, house prices fell by record amounts this year. All canny investors are now assuming that house prices will fall forever, the long term trend for house prices to rise has been abolished, the house price fall is not a temporary blip and no one should buy property ever again.

That's why I don't believe you're a millionaire DP, you're too stupid.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        And in other news, house prices fell by record amounts this year. All canny investors are now assuming that house prices will fall forever, the long term trend for house prices to rise has been abolished, the house price fall is not a temporary blip and no one should buy property ever again.

Are you trying to say now is the time to buy property?

Comment

I think he's trying to say house prices cause Global Warming.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I think he's trying to say house prices cause Global Warming.

I've missed your bizarre leaps of "logic", DW
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Does that mean we are facing another ice age?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

What would a tosspot like you know? I know one multi-millionaire, a top boy at a big bank, didn't know he needed a license for his gun collection, is chauffeured everywhere as he never could pass a driving test (thankfully, as you ought to see him in a golf-cart), and was once late for a meeting as he couldn't work out how to escape from the bathroom in a hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                  What would a tosspot like you know? I know one multi-millionaire, a top boy at a big bank, didn't know he needed a license for his gun collection, is chauffeured everywhere as he never could pass a driving test (thankfully, as you ought to see him in a golf-cart), and was once late for a meeting as he couldn't work out how to escape from the bathroom in a hotel.
                  That could account for DP's absence from here I suppose.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                    sounds like our very own Dim Prawn .

Comment

Working...
                    X