• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New law allows positive discrimination in job recruitment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New law allows positive discrimination in job recruitment

How will this pan out?

Positive action for job recruitment to be enshrined in law

The move allows firms to use "positive action" when recruiting staff to posts which are under-represented by women or ethnic minorities.

Positive action differs from the more controversial positive discrimination because it allows bosses to use race or gender as selection criteria only if candidates are otherwise of equal merit.
    Really...

Should be fun.

Surely bosses (ie. real world bosses, not those morons in the public service) will just do what bosses have always done...select the one with the big chest puppies!

Mailman

Comment

BOOMED!!!!!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

putting the boot in again to white males

we have zero ****** rights as it is

Comment

Is it cos I isn't black?
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
            putting the boot in again to white males

we have zero ****** rights as it is
            I'm a white, non-religious, hetrosexual, married male with a job and no criminal record. Everything is my fault....I guess I should go top myself through sheer guilt and shame.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It will only happen in public sector, private companies will offer the job to the best person for the job (after all, it's all about money right)..

No doubt when it doesn't happen properly in the public sector the gay/ethnic/criminal/illegal immigrant will get a seven figure sum for injury to their feelings for being overlooked for that top public office position.
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

More votes for the BNP.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  More votes for the BNP.
                  'ere hang on - I may be dumb but I'm not desperate!
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    Is it cos I isn't black?
                    No, its because you'z iz from da west side.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X