• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keane walks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keane walks

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...587582,00.html

As a Newcastle fan... well, I don't need to say much more.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

He has really proved himself to be a crap manager there.

Lot of money spent and they are in the relegation zone now.

Comment

Is this a poofball thread? My mistake.

Comment

Obviously he thought he could make more money as a professional Mahmoud Ahmadinejad impersonator than impersonating a football manager.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

As a Newcastle fan all I can say it will give him more time to spend with his dog
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I disagree - he won the Championship with them in his first season there, stayed up last year and even at the beginning of this season they started well. He didn't become a bad manager overnight - though IMO he is far too introspective for a football manager.

They brought in some decent players over the summer but they've just not gelled yet. Cisse has started scoring though, and if they could just sort the defence out they'll be fine - there's a lot worse teams in the prem.
            Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

It's a pity. He wasn't a bad manager, just inexperienced.

Is Keegan in the frame to replace him?

I would tip Allardyce, but he looks like he'll be off to Blackburn soon.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I wouldn't say crap - he brought them up to the premiership as winners of the championship (when they looked like they were going to get relegated from there!!) and he kept them up - a hard thing to do.

He's made some very sensible signings (short temr players like York who he brought in short term to simply get a job done), attracted players like Cisse, and made the very best of players like Kenwyn Jones and Kieran Richardson.

He's struggled lately though, and the fans have become quite impatient. The last home game on saturday... I dont know if there was a fan left in the stadium by full time. The pub I was in was full by 4:30, which just isn't like the mackems.

This wont be a shock to them - they knew he hadn't signed his contract, and a lot of them were wanting him to go.

As a mag living in mackemsville, my gut instincts are that the fans should have supported him and the team a bit more the last few games. He came in with a 5 year plan and they should have sat, gratefully, taking everything he did for those 5 years...instead they've been impatient (very much like us geordies!!) and criticised team sheets, subs, tactics and obviously results.

I think they've been silly, and it's a sad sad day on Wearside for the ladies.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

keano!!!!!!

Comment

Hey even we managed to get rid of some total donkeys to Sunderland so I should not be complaining.

Varga

Comment

Working...
                    X