• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big Brother. Jacqui Smith Fingers Up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Brother. Jacqui Smith Fingers Up!

Seems the European Courts aren't too happy with our feds keeping our DNA when we haven't been convicted of doing ought.

Luckily, Jacqui Smith has flicked them the V's!

See link.

Don't get me started. What possible justification can she have for keeping this information? Such a dangerous woman, in a dangerous government.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by The Home Secretary
      Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, said she was “disappointed” with the court's ruling and added that all existing DNA would remain on the database until ministers considered the judgment.
      Unfortunately, she didn't mention when the ministers would consider the judgment....

Guido Fawkes blog was looking for her fingerprints some time back to prove that the line "the innocent have nothing to fear" is rubbish. I saw her at the coffee bar shortly afterwards and considered trying to swipe her coffee cup as she let...
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        Don't get me started. What possible justification can she have for keeping this information? Such a dangerous woman, in a dangerous government.
        It may possibly help to catch lawbeakers. Of course, so did the Gestapo.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          It may possibly help to catch lawbeakers. Of course, so did the Gestapo.
          I think our police are just getting to grips with the fact that the vast majority of our law breakers reside in Westminster Palace.....

.... on which note: see here.
          Last edited by HeliCraig; 4 December 2008, 12:23.

Comment

Working...
          X