• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Morons hit by Credit Crunch ™

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morons hit by Credit Crunch ™

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...collapses.html

A £3billion property fund backed by a host of wealthy celebrities including Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir David Frost has collapsed into administration.

The fund, called aAim, with Sir David as chairman, invested heavily in properties in Britain and mainland Europe during the boom.

It got caught out by the collapse that started last summer and it is feared that its shareholders will lose all their investments.

Other backers include Grant Bovey, the buy-to-let entrepreneur and husband of former TV presenter Anthea Turner and struggling bank HBOS, which is thought to have put £200 million into the fund and held a 20 per cent stake.

Simon Cowell, the pop impressario and The X Factor judge, has also been linked with the company.

Losers!

Shouldn't there be a doomed in there somewhere?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

No mention of what their houses are worth though. Sloppy journalism indeed.

2/10

Comment

I'm not sure Bovey is such a moron, his personal property related Co that recently collapsed had just paid Anthea Turner a few hundred K and himself something similar. Apparently even it was fraudulent the creditors don't usually bother pursuing it.

Comment

Couldn't happen to a better bunch.

Comment

If only they'd invested in CyberToryShire.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              If only they'd invested in CyberToryShire.
              What has happened to him ? I'm 90% benched and I only have time to come on here when I'm working, have I missed his demise

Comment

I am deeply upset by this news. maybe we should have a whip round?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Other backers include Grant Bovey, the buy-to-let entrepreneur and husband of former TV presenter Anthea Turner and struggling bank HBOS...
                  Grant Bovey is married to Anthea Turner and HBOS? Did you mean "Mormons hit be Credit Crunch™"?.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Isn't S'ralan Sugar's money mainly in property these days? Does this mean there might not be another "The Apprentice"? Sad. I like that show. I like to scream at the idiots. It relaxes me before bed.
                    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Working...
                    X