• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency in liqudation - Garnishee? advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency in liqudation - Garnishee? advice?

Hi all, has anyone had any experience with their agecny going into liquidation and getting the money back they are owed? and possibly using the Garnishee order?

Basically the recruitment agency i was contracting through went into liquidation with 24 days worth of my money owed, and i was told to follow the standard liquidation route. But i have found out since then that the recruitment agency only recieved 10 days of the money from the agency above them (if that makes sense), so have not recieved 14 days worth of my money. So i was wondering where i stood with regards to going direct to the agency above them, possibly using the Garnishee order? - also surely this money isnt considered an asset of company in liquidation, but only their commission!?

Any help VERY VERY gratefully received!

If you're a member of the PCG (PCG Plus), then you will be covered up to a limit (7500 I think) against an agency going bust.

I haven't had any experience on garnishee orders but there have been other threads here about them. Try searching for them. There was a thread just the other day talking hypothetically about an agency going bust. I think it was started by "expat".

I think that you will find that that the money the agency is owed by the client is all the agencies and that you will have to wait with other creditors to be paid out of what the adminstrators finally have to play with but I am not an expert.

It may be worth trying the garnishee order.

Comment

Working...
    X