• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying property *cash*

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying property *cash*

Do I go in now at say 20-30% below current asking price or wait another 12 months or so to clean up?

Buy now or wait?

where's the eastern european?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      where's the eastern european?
      Gone home. She was too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Do I go in now at say 20-30% below current asking price or wait another 12 months or so to clean up?

Buy now or wait?
        Buy now - at 50% off.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The goverment attempts to prop things up might slow the falls for a while but I think we are looking at serious price drops for 2009 so why not wait !?

If you are lucky one or two of your fellow Swindon millionaires may come to grief and you'll pick up a repo

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Buy now - at 50% off.
            Somehow I don't see people discounting prices by 50%.

Infact, most property coming to the market in the last few months is no cheaper than the one put up over a year ago.

Estate agents are still pricing property at 2007 prices as far as I can see.

Comment

Then you had better buy immediately as prices can only go up.
              Bored.

Comment

Infact, most property coming to the market in the last few months is no cheaper than the one put up over a year ago.

Well, you'd better wait then.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

My impression is that estate agents (and especially their sellers) are indeed still trying to set prices at 2007 levels, while buyers are trying to buy for 50% off.

Result: some sell at high price, some sell at steep discount, many just don't sell. Like any market, it depends who budges.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    Then you had better buy immediately as prices can only go up.
                    But nothings selling and no ones buying, but valuations are stuck at the peak.

Tempted to buy a load of cheap 2 and 3 bed houses cash at auction, give them only a spring clean and put them straight back onto the open market at £20K higher than the auction price.

Got to be a way of making serious easy money at the moment, since the real cheap property is at auction and that is only open to cash buyers.

Comment

Working...
                    X