• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Artists erect giant pink bunny on mountain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artists erect giant pink bunny on mountain

Now... who wouldn't want to climb up a giant pink bunny belly?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1541732.html

An enormous pink bunny has been erected on an Italian mountainside where it will stay for the next 20 years.

The 200-foot-long toy rabbit lies on the side of the 5,000 foot high Colletto Fava mountain in northern Italy's Piedmont region.

Viennese art group Gelatin designed the giant soft toy and say it was "knitted by dozens of grannies out of pink wool".

Group member Wolfgang Gantner said: "It's supposed to make you feel small, like Gulliver. You walk around it and you can't help but smile."

And Gelatin members say the bunny is not just for walking around - they are expecting hikers to climb its 20 foot sides and relax on its belly.

The giant rabbit is expected to remain on the mountain side until 2025.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

As a boy, I frequently erected bunnies on mountains. I erected a few goats in the valleys too.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

they are expecting hikers to climb its 20 foot sides and relax on its belly.
      I'm expecting someone to torch the damn thing...

My Dad is going to be seriously pissed off! Thou shalt not worship false idols etc...

I can see it now.... "All Hail the Big Pink Bunny"!!!!
      Last edited by The Late, Great JC; 19 September 2005, 14:57.
      Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
      You know you'll need us!

Comment

SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Along with that statue of the naked, pregnant, disabled woman in Trafalgar Square, I'm curious to know who commisioned it, who okayed it, but more importantly, who paid for it (but I'm sure I know the answer to the last one).

The vegetarian option.

Comment

hmm year or so of getting wet and rot setting in and doubt anyone would want to climb it and lay on it

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
              hmm year or so of getting wet and rot setting in and doubt anyone would want to climb it and lay on it
              Churchill might want to hump its leg...
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                Churchill might want to hump its leg...
                what happens when it gets all wet and soggy, starts rolling down the hill and kills a few thousand.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  what happens when it gets all wet and soggy, starts rolling down the hill and kills a few thousand.
                  They're only Italians, where's the problem?
                  You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                    They're only Italians, where's the problem?

true........no problem then....hey Francko you got any problem with that?
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X