• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil at $25 a barrel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil at $25 a barrel

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...UfQ&refer=home

If it happens, a good chance of quadrupling your money within 3 years using crude oil ETFs.

Or you could do what I did and buy hundreds of barrels at $55
    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      Trying to find the low point is like catching a spinning knife.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        I never thought it would go under $60, which is still a long term buying opportunity according to our good friend Nadeem Walayat.
        http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article7607.html

Surely if it goes as low as $25 then only the Saudis will still be making a profit, exploration and investment everywhere else will stop and then the next big oil price spike is set up for the future. I will probably start drip feeding in through mid 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
          http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...UfQ&refer=home

If it happens, a good chance of quadrupling your money within 3 years using crude oil ETFs.
          if this happens Iran and Russia are in SERIOUS tulipe.

Major collapse for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
            if this happens Iran and Russia are in SERIOUS tulipe.

Major collapse for both.
            ..and who stands to gain from this? We've been conned big time. Watch the US economy rocket in 09.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              ..and who stands to gain from this? We've been conned big time. Watch the US economy rocket in 09.
              Ahem! Ive said this all along :-) and agree with you.

UK knew that if Oil was to remain over 80$ a bar the UK economy would be in even DEEPER trouble and would more than likely see major civil unrest with unemployment and near collapse.

Id suspect MI6 and CIA are doing all they can to ensure the Saudi's do not cut daily production. Politics has change now - before you could suspect Big Business and Oil Companies to exploit agenda - but now with Oil Companies making even $20 billion a year in profits - this is nothing compared to the loss UK and US economy would see. So now what we are seeing is agenda's based on collapsing the Russian and Iranian wealth/nation.

What we are also seeing is China and India entering the initial signs of meltdown with there growth all being cut aggresively.

Who wins with all this happening?

UK, US and certain Euro countries.

We dont need a war for Iran or Russia - we just need Oil to be low for 12-18 months - that will totally wipe them out.

Hmm - lets guess which companies will be more than willing to help these nations when they need oil extracted?

This is one of the reasons why we will get out of this - but itll see alot of people having to go through problems.

Only people that will benefit short term are the Middle East rich nations - they have a good £1.5 trillion in ready cash to buy up - which is why they are growing Dubai and Abu Dhabhi like made - as they want to make it into a real commercial service and product based competitor

Global Politics is fun.

Comment

Global Politics is fun.
                Certainly more interesting that whatever Celebreality tulipe they've got on ITV at any given time.

Unfortunately, though there must be opportunities to make some quick easy cash in the current climate, whatever I gambled my shirt on I'd end up topless. Don't even have any man boobs to shake about either.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Certainly more interesting that whatever Celebreality tulipe they've got on ITV at any given time.

Unfortunately, though there must be opportunities to make some quick easy cash in the current climate, whatever I gambled my shirt on I'd end up topless. Don't even have any man boobs to shake about either.
                  LOL - some bargains out there share's wise.

Barclays and HSBC are a flaming bargain if you look at the balance sheet.

But Id estimate some more right offs in the next statement from both so still slightly risky.

Comment

LOL - some bargains out there share's wise.

Barclays and HSBC are a flaming bargain if you look at the balance sheet.

But Id estimate some more right offs in the next statement from both so still slightly risky.

I'm too dumb to make money on shares. Once got stung for about 5 grand when I piled into a few companies with a friend who was supposed to know what he was doing.

Though he was/is a right dodgy bastard, wouldn't suprise me if he pocketed the money and faked the paperwork.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X