• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's working on the most exciting/interesting project?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's working on the most exciting/interesting project?

Money aside, is anyone working on anything they find really interesting or fun right now?

I'll go first... I'm running a small dev team (me, another coder and an artist so far) to make an interactive simulator for this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F0aj6TkQbxc
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Nope, poxy little tasks with too much technical content and a coplete waste of my PM skills... Thanks god only one more week left.

Last contract was a lot less cash but much more satisfying...

Comment

I think the people working on the most exciting projects are probably DV cleared and won't be at liberty to talk about it!
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

This programme is chuffing amazing. I'll leave it at that knowing you won't be able to sleep for jealousy tonight...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

not me
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Not DV - but an NDA & secrecy agreement means I can't go into any market-sensitive detail. Pretty exciting but a huge project, so lots of battles to fight. Winning so far.

Comment

Rewriting the entity cost-based accounting modellng and calculating code in my client's Oracle database...with a Access front-end.
              I'm currently looking into using the pivot table control to display the data (and possibly edit it) a lot nicer than how Access usually does it.
              Its quite a big job. Hoping to complete early in the new year.

Aside from that I'm also working on my DMS project.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Major plant changes including a new warehouse. Integrating two manufacturing sites into one operating license.

Daily battles with the business and plenty of hand holding.

So I definitely don't win.

Comment

I have not worked on anything interesting for about 7 years but recently I have found myself working on a pension admin site running on a 12 year old proprietary MVC framework. Every time I check in a bit of code I sound like Meg Ryan having an orgasm.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Money aside, is anyone working on anything they find really interesting or fun right now?

I'll go first... I'm running a small dev team (me, another coder and an artist so far) to make an interactive simulator for this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F0aj6TkQbxc
                    Cool. Animating the guide-wire thingy in 3D seems pretty straightforward, but what did you use to animate the body tissue?

Comment

Working...
                    X