• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Crunch Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Crunch Christmas

So is everyone's Christmas party still happening...

I'm going to mine tonight...watch out Liverpool
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Oooh nearly forgot; must go to the Aldi and buy Mrs Tester a bar of chocolate and a tangerine!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My current client's is still happening although it's an "Implementation Drink" rather than a Xmas party as Xmas has been cancelled.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

i intend to take out my latest interest on a first date and charge that to the company as xmas party inc 1 guest?

if all goes well it would be a very good "party"..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

My client is providing a black-tie ball for staff at a swish London hotel.

Credit crunch?

Comment

Nothing at the clients (but I probably wouldn't go anyway), but I've no doubt that my Ltd.s company secretary will no doubt want a posh do for the staff!

It'll have to be an Harvester then.
            When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              i intend to take out my latest interest on a first date and charge that to the company as xmas party inc 1 guest?

if all goes well it would be a very good "party"..
              Do hookers give VAT receipts these days?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                secretary will no doubt want a posh do for the staff!

It'll have to be an Harvester then.
                You can’t be anything other than a Yorkshireman.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  not sure but give them your mastercard and i'm sure they will swipe it through something for payment !!!
                  Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    i sure dont know, never have and never would pay..

it's likely it's gonna be Le Petit Blanc then on to Obsidian for cocktails..
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X