• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

2 month contract extension, very tiny (3%) rate cut.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Congratulations!
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Top Banana
      Bored.

Comment

Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

congrats mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            very tiny (3%) rate cut.
            You seem happy about this rate cut. Was it going to be a much bigger cut like 25% and you battered them down to 3%. Well done if you did.

If not, the agent was taking the piss doing this as no client would bother trying to save a few peanuts, only to have the task/risk of hiring a new contractor for the 2 months. They obviously like you, so why would they risk losing you for 3%?

Comment

"plateaued", surely..?

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                If not, the agent was taking the piss doing this as no client would bother trying to save a few peanuts
                For all we know he might be on a few grand a day, so 3% is more than a few peanuts.

Otherwise it does look like the agent's just wangled a slightly bigger cut for themselves. I say send them a tulip in a jiffy bag to get your own back. They love flowers.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  For all we know he might be on a few grand a day, so 3% is more than a few peanuts.

Otherwise it does look like the agent's just wangled a slightly bigger cut for themselves. I say send them a tulip in a jiffy bag to get your own back. They love flowers.
                  You do that as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                    You do that as well?
                    I'll be sending them a lot more when we start having to pay to throw our rubbish. It'll probably be cheaper to post it to a random ex-agent of your choice.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X