• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uberdoomed in Belgium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uberdoomed in Belgium

On a personal not a national level.

Thought I had current gig sorted to March 09. Then was planning to spend 6-12 months on a sunbed somewhere.

Then the dreaded words resounded round the office BUDGET REVIEW. Xmas break might be a bit longer than planned. Fook.

Current new gigs are as common as rocking-horse excrement.

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
    On a personal not a national level.

Thought I had current gig sorted to March 09. Then was planning to spend 6-12 months on a sunbed somewhere.

Then the dreaded words resounded round the office BUDGET REVIEW. Xmas break might be a bit longer than planned. Fook.

Current new gigs are as common as rocking-horse excrement.
    Hard luck. Give it a few months; there’s going to be so much regulation thrown at the banks before long that things will pick up.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If you can get yourself to NL there are usually a fair few contracts on this site;
      http://www.it-contracts.nl

Comment

On the brght sdie - Banks are the worst IT sector you can be in - never seen such a bunch of incompetent backstabbing turds.

The Best - Engineering and Research.

PS Cheers for the link Mitch - NL is such a good place to be.
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 5 December 2008, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          On the brght sdie - Banks are the worst IT sector you can be in - never seen such a bunch of incompetent backstabbing turds .
          A truer word was never spoken. Still, beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            On the brght sdie - Banks are the worst IT sector you can be in - never seen such a bunch of incompetent backstabbing turds .

Cheers for the link Mitch - NL is such a good place to be.
            You seem to have a much kinder impression of them. I never did.

Comment

Alfie my friend, how are you?

Remember Poetry day and W. H. Auden?

Comment

Well I didnt care much either for the cloggies - but made a few bob in my time there - I heard theyve shutdown the smart shops and looking at closing down the cofeeshops - so yeah youre probably right - still I had a good laugh in retrospect.

Comment

Thanks...

..for the link Mich.

Currently it checking out. Sadly when coming to Belgium I decided to try and learn French not Dutch. Not the best when looking at NL.

Comment

Originally posted by McBainCo View Post
                    Alfie my friend, how are you?

Remember Poetry day and W. H. Auden?
                    Aye McBain

Good to hear from you again !

The Friday Poetry Corner is alive and well and was published today - alas !

Folks dont seem to have much interest in poetry these days .

How are you keeping ?

'Why do you want to write poetry?' If the young man answers, 'I have important things I want to say,' then he is not a poet. If he answers, 'I like hanging around words listening to what they say,' then maybe he is going to be a poet."

WH Auden
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 5 December 2008, 14:13.

Comment

Working...
                    X