• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whingeing permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whingeing permies

Now the permies have just heard they’re not getting any bonuses this year they’re standing around the coffee machine moaning about all the ‘externals’ with their big pay packets. What the fook is wrong with them? They can freelance themselves, but they choose to be permies. They choose a tulip salary in return for so-called job security (which is BS anyway) and then complain that people who are a bit more self reliant earn more than they do. The worst thing is, they think they’re so much cheaper, with their 6 weeks paid holiday, their average 10 days a year off sick, their maternity leave, their paternity leave, their company pensions, health insurance, discounted mortgages plus the cost of insuring them against accidents at work.

Sorry I know it’s an old theme, but I had to get it off my chest.

Bugger the lot of them; I’ll go home and crack open a bottle of Bolly to celebrate my extension
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Bugger the lot of them; I’ll go home and crack open a bottle of Bolly to celebrate my extension
    Go on make it two !
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      Go on make it two !
      WSS
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

thirded - you've been a moaning git over the last couple of days. go and have a nice weekend.
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          thirded - you've been a moaning git over the last couple of days. go and have a nice weekend.
          Of course, it's not what you're worth, it's what you can get that counts.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'll join you, I got one as well.

Comment

Now that's just rude. Surely, you want to do it in the car park, in the back of a limo as you are driven home, laughing out the window while smoking a joint made from a £50 note...

Or invite them to the pub to help you celebrate, get a nice expensive bottle of wine / champagne / whatever, and one glass.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Unsubtle

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Now that's just rude. Surely, you want to do it in the car park, in the back of a limo as you are driven home, laughing out the window while smoking a joint made from a £50 note...

Or invite them to the pub to help you celebrate, get a nice expensive bottle of wine / champagne / whatever, and one glass.
                As many glasses as there are permies with the budget to hire people

Comment

Permies are moaning here as well but for a different reason. Their workload goes up dramatically next year because over 40% of the workforce has been culled, all contractors.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I’ll go home and crack open a bottle of Bolly to celebrate my extension
                    and my butler will crack

Comment

Working...
                    X