• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reduced VAT Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduced VAT Rate

Just submitted my first reduced VAT Rate Invoice....wooooooo

How exciting
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post

How exciting
    I hope they don’t do this in NL. I rather enjoy putting the VAT I’ve collected into 3 month savings letters and catching some interest on it before paying the vat man. Double whammy; the interest rate’s gone down too. That used to bring in an extra 1400 euros per year before all the interest rate cuts.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How exciting
      Why are you happy about this?!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Just had my first reduced rate VAT invoice paid.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          Why are you happy about this?!

Not sure it's just exciting !!
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

slightly related question: the interest you earn on the VAT that's sat in your business account - is this included as a profit on your balance sheet? (i.e. do you then have to pay 30% corp tax on this interest too).

Likewise, if I stick all the corp tax money from 2008-09 into a business savings accoutn and earn £1k in interest before I have to pay the CT to hector the following Jan, does this count as company profit for the year 2009-10?

Comment

Yes. With a few little exceptions (e.g. corporation tax itself), "in" minus "out" = "profit" however they come about.

Comment

How exciting

So have I, it was a pain in the ass.

I built myself a nice little invoicing database a while back that just needed a slight change for the new rate.

Of course, without doing a proper impact assessment and following a change control process (that I constantly whine on to my clients about), my database now shows all previous invoices as having charged 15%. brilliant.

im an idiot.

Comment

It's right about now I'm thinking the FRS is actually more complex that the normal route.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                  X