• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown's new official portrait being kept under wraps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown's new official portrait being kept under wraps

Interesting article here ...

Prime Minister Gordon Brown is under further pressure this weekend after disclosures that a new “official” portrait intended to be hung on the staircase at 10 Downing Street painted the dour Scotsman in a less than favourable light.

The portrait commissioned by the Cabinet Office was painted by celebrated South African artist Prudence Pennymangle Embungo during a recent heads of government meeting. Rumours circulating Westminster village suggest that Brown’s wife Sarah is less than happy to see the portrait on her way to bed upstairs in Downing Street and for the past month it has lain on top of a filing cabinet wrapped in a covering of brown paper and bubble wrap.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Well, you can't polish a turd.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I say hang the picture on the wall and leave Gordon Brown on top of the filing cabinet wrapped in brown paper and bubble wrap.

Comment

That pie looks tasty
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

That pie looks tasty
          Not to me...it probably has offal and other dodgy stuff they eat up in Scotland in it....<shiver>
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ideal with fava beans and chianti then...
            brown sauce and Irn Bru

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Well, you can't polish a turd.

Comment

Prudence Pennymangle Embungo
                That is one cool name , I'm going to start answering my phone with it.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
                  I say hang the picture on the wall and leave Gordon Brown on top of the filing cabinet wrapped in brown paper and bubble wrap.
                  Or leave the picture wrapped up and hang .........

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Interesting article here ...
                    Rumours circulating Westminster village suggest that Brown’s wife Sarah is less than happy to see the portrait on her way to bed upstairs in Downing Street
                    If she's less than happy to see the portrait on her way to bed, imagine when she actually gets there....

Comment

Working...
                    X