• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got my Focus back on Saturday…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my Focus back on Saturday…..

Wishing I was still driving the Ka loan car – the Focus is fine at town speeds, but on the motorway is still wandering.

The darned thing has a new power steering pump, but, the resistance does not feel balanced at speed, so guessing it now needs a new rack.

Looks like it will be week 5 in the garage…….

Fascinating. Ask them if you can part exchange it against the forthcoming Focus RS.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
      Fascinating. Ask them if you can part exchange it against the forthcoming Focus RS.

a bullet in the back of your head.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Wishing I was still driving the Ka loan car – the Focus is fine at town speeds, but on the motorway is still wandering.

The darned thing has a new power steering pump, but, the resistance does not feel balanced at speed, so guessing it now needs a new rack.

Looks like it will be week 5 in the garage…….

Sell it for gods sake, and then buy a different car. Some mug will buy it. You did.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Ah - got distracted on Friday by buying a cr@p car then?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well, called the dealer – they asked me to consider taking it back to the garage I got it from – in Newcastle, and telling me to be grateful that they gave it a new steering pump.

I asked a direct question – are you refusing to see my car again, despite the car having the same problem as it went in for??

Oh, of course not sir, we cannot do that, what is making you think that?.......

Got another loan car sorted out for Wednesday.

I am now seriously considering flogging it and getting something else……

Which I should not be doing as is the darned thing is new, with a warranty!

Comment

Well, called the dealer – they asked me to consider taking it back to the garage I got it from – in Newcastle, and telling me to be grateful that they gave it a new steering pump.

I asked a direct question – are you refusing to see my car again, despite the car having the same problem as it went in for??

Oh, of course not sir, we cannot do that, what is making you think that?.......

<snip>
              That'll be coming back with the brake lines cut then...
              Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Which I should not be doing as is the darned thing is new, with a warranty!
                Perhaps then you should consider rejecting the vehicle under the Sale of Goods Act

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Perhaps then you should consider rejecting the vehicle under the Sale of Goods Act
                  I think so. You can't sell it for a decent price since all the problems will be logged (right?) and anyone testing it is likely to notice it is wonky.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

you can also get sued for selling a car and hiding its known problems

Comment

Working...
                    X