• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your council tax band will go up of you have improved your home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your council tax band will go up of you have improved your home

For example, you have tree house in the garden for the kids.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...tax-bills.html

In an answer to a Conservative Parliamentary Question, Baroness Andrews, the Lords Minister for Local Government, said that that a tree house would be taken into account during the banding of a property for council tax if it "adds value".

The aroma of a coffee pot on the brew when buyers come to view also adds value to a house. I think people who drink coffee should be checked up on too.

Comment

I know someone who boarded up the doors to the rooms in the attic to get a lower rating.

Anyway, at least you don't have the prospect of 3% income council tax. If they get that through I am moving to England.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Anyway, at least you don't have the prospect of 3% income council tax. If they get that through I am moving to England.
        Will you be allowed? Being your own idependant country and all along with GBs comming crack down on illegal immigrants. I think you may well be stuck there.

The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Bad news as I have added 2 massive extensions.

I wonder if I can hide them?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Why don't you ask Brillopad?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Put bails of hay round them.

HTH

Comment

Working...
              X