• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to buy (selected) socks again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to buy (selected) socks again?

7 pairs for a tenner - bargain!
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Three pairs for a pound

Comment

I usually buy about 100 pairs of identical socks; that way I don't have the problem of never being able to find two matching socks.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I usually buy about 100 pairs of identical socks; that way I don't have the problem of never being able to find two matching socks.
        Ditto

Comment

It could be a good idea to invest in the sock market, especially seeing as lots of people will be turning the heating down this winter to save money.

Blondes might be a bad bet though as lots of contractors find their trophy wives just too expensive. I’d take out put options in blondes.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

heres a puzzle for youse.

It's pitch black, you have 10 pairs of white socks and 10 pairs of black, all mixed up in a drawer.

How many socks do you have to take with you, so you know you will have a pair when you get downstairs ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              heres a puzzle for youse.

It's pitch black, you have 10 pairs of white socks and 10 pairs of black, all mixed up in a drawer.

How many socks do you have to take with you, so you know you will have a pair when you get downstairs ?

Three

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Three
                three what ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  three what ?
                  Socks. One for each foot

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Socks. One for each foot
                    oh yeah. sorry. The cold has made my attention span disappear.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X